Thursday 26 March 2009

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a while and I can only apologise! Things have been hectic here chez Shamu. First it was Duck Pond Market and then I was a "victim" of a Ssneak Attack on Etsy. In 24 hours my stock was virtually wiped out! I can't begin to describe how much it's boosted my confidence - after going to the last few fairs where I was beginning to feel like I was selling my soul, I had begun to doubt whether I'd keep trying to sell for much longer. This has just cemented the deal!

Apart from selling, I've been making a bunch of new things for my shop(s). I'm now making little bags and I hope they'll go down well. This one is made from bamboo and cotton, and is modelled by my little star. I love the way that holding the two yarns together gives you such random colour blends. It's so pretty that I've had to hide it from Bea as she wants to wear it all the time now!



This one is the adult version, crocheted in Noro Cash Iroha - a luxurious blend of silk, cashmere and wool. It's a great size - perfect for a small purse, a phone and a lipstick. The sort of bag that I need on a night out when I don't want to lug a huge bag around with me.

I am still adding to my stock and will update with pictures of my new legwarmers and hairslides as soon as the weather gets better and the sun comes out again.

No comments: