Monday 8 September 2014

A lovely little knitalong

It hasn't all been quiet on the crafting front here at Shamu HQ.  Whilst I haven't been dyeing or selling for a while I have made time to create things for the family and friends.  Lately I've been addicted to shawl knitting - I love how you can turn a single skein of special sock yarn into a stunning and special shawl with a few lace repeats and some patience.  There are so many lovely shawl patterns out there that I can't begin to name my favourites but recently I have become a major fan of Helen Stewart's designs and am embarking on my fourth shawl from her as part of her "Curious Collective Design and Knitalong" that is being hosted on her blog/podcast/Ravelry.  Her website is Curious Handmade and as well as knitting her shawls I have been catching up with her podcast.  The DKAL pattern was released today and is absolutely lovely - see here.  I'm knitting it in a variegated BFL sock in "Woodland Sprite" and a chocolate brown alpaca blend sock yarn, both dyed by me.  I can't wait to see how this progresses and am looking forward to seeing other people's shawls developing.

Why not join me in the knit along?  There's plenty of time to join, and if you ask nicely I'm sure I can find a skein or two of yarn for you!

Shamu
xxx

No comments: